Howling to the Moon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Howling to the Moon

Roleplay a dog or a wolf in a daily battle for territory and prey in the ruins of a city and the greenery of a forest.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Retreving Misson

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Rain

Rain

Sagittarius Pig

The Retreving Misson - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Retreving Misson   The Retreving Misson - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 2:39 pm

ooc: yep, Akita/Shepard mix. BIG PUPPY. And from now on, I shall color meh text.

Gaoth eyed Lynx slightly, but got his point. He was to lead right now, she respected that. She fell behind a foot or two, saving her energy for the fight ahead. She was looking forward to it. When Lynx pulled to a halt beside Citalli, she stopped, scented the air, and pulled out the strong scent of dock leaves and wolf. Pinpointing it, she looked into the brush, spotting only one tuft of fur. There. That was her target.

She growled, narrowing her eyes. "Lynx. Come with me." she whispered, stalking forward, her white paws silent along the grass.

Vixen swivled her head to see Utilli, and she growled under her breath. All she needed now was more company. How this plan had gone so wrong was beyond her, but retreat seemed like their best option.

She looked over at Soluia, who she found looking at her. She nodded her head toward the ground. They were faster than the dogs, had more stamina. They would make it. "Run. Now." she whispered, so quiet only Soluia would hear.

Before waiting for her reply, she leaped down and hit the ground running, her strong legs carrying her swiftly through the darkness, her black pelt melting into the surrounding area. They would head back a mile or two, wait it out a few days, and come back. When she found the scent of her stubborn packmate, she tracked it. Lynx was in the forest, with foliage covering his hide. "We need to move out, now." she whispered, keeping her voice low. She didn't want the other dogs alerted.

Back to top Go down
Wolvine

Wolvine

Virgo Dog

PostSubject: Re: The Retreving Misson   The Retreving Misson - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 8:06 pm

OOC: Hah when I first saw the red I was worried I'd done something wrong X3 Big yes. But still not quite as big as a wolf :3 Maybe brother should follow their scent trail? *Shrugs*

"Wait! Can I at least know your names?" Uttilli was in despair. He didn't like being abandoned. "Mine's Utilli!" He didn't know how it would help, but perhaps if he said his name it might encourage the wolf to say hers.

Kiluar froze and cocked his ears. Was that not the dog they where looking for. He eyed his companions. It was dangerous, but worth it. He had already disappointed his leader once. He wasn't prepared to do it again. He rushed out, taking the Australian Cattle dog cross by surprise, bowling him over and grabbing onto his scruff. Shocked, Uttilli just let himself be dragged away, his brown eyes wide with surprise more than fear. Though he was fast, he was slowed by his new burden and only managed to escape heartbeats before he scented the dogs. He dropped the dog, who was still too stunned to speak and looked at the she-wolves. "You're stronger. You take him. I'll go the other way and try to slow down anyone who tries to follow."

Back to top Go down
Rain

Rain

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: The Retreving Misson   The Retreving Misson - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 6:37 pm

ooc: I feel as if we have gone over her size traits b4, but whatev. I dun care. And sure, bring da bro in.

Vixen had only a moment to watch and admire the courage of the wolf before her. Then she simply let it slide away and rolled her eyes, she could have done exactly the same thing, but quieter and with less harm to the dog.

When Kiluar barked at her, she surged forward, hoping Soluia was behind her, and grabbed the scruff of Utilli lightly, pulling him into the shadows. She faked a smile, putting her happy face on. "I'm Vixen." she wagged her tail and blinked. "Come with me, I have some games we can play together. Me and my friend, you can come too! But we have to be quiet." she whispered friendly-like at him.

Gaoth kept moving, her paws keeping as quiet as the very feeling in the air. Tension was fierce. With or without Lynx, she was going in.
Back to top Go down
Wolvine

Wolvine

Virgo Dog

PostSubject: Re: The Retreving Misson   The Retreving Misson - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 8:32 pm

Kiluar looked back. The coast was clear for now. He knew what Vixen was thinking, but he let it slide over. It had been an act of desperation, and he couldn't have lingered too long. Gaoth knew his face, and even in the dark his scent would be distinguishable. The dog seemed unharmed. "Go. If I am not at the lake then carry on. I'll do my best to find you in the dunes, if not we shall meet again at the beach." He didn't suspect that he would find them again till they returned to the base. He might have to hide away a few days. He gave them a slow nod, then disappeared.

Uttilli blinked. He didn't understand anything. "But.. My brother..." His tail curled slightly. There was something about her tone that seemed almost fake, so sickly sweet. He didn't trust her. He needed his brother's guidance. He didn't like strangers.

Lynx touched Gaoth's flank. He had just been following a scent trail that ended in water. He'd lost it after that. "These wolves know what they're doing Gaoth. They aren't just some of Kestrel's grunts. They are looking for something, someone, and I don't think its you." His amber eyes flicked over as he spotted some movement. A wolf, a classically coloured male. The scent was the same as that in Citali's barn. He began to growl, and Kiluar turned his head and began to run towards them, rather than away as one would expect. He lunged at the dog, bowling him over. The two erupted into combat, even though both of them where submissive.
Back to top Go down
Rain

Rain

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: The Retreving Misson   The Retreving Misson - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 3:10 pm

OOC: POST SUNNEH.
Back to top Go down
Citali
Admin
Citali

Pisces Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Retreving Misson   The Retreving Misson - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 1:33 pm

ooc: WHAT DO I DO THOUGH?!?
...I think I may start coloring my text too. :>

Soluia lingered on the edge of the trees. She bounded up to Vixen and the captive and murmured, "I'm going to stay behind to make sure those dogs don't give Kiluar any trouble."
Granted, they were dogs (plus a blind wolf), but if it turned into a three-against-one fight, she would have to intervene. Not waiting for a reply from Vixen, she turned and stalked back onto the farm property, staying low and in the shadows.

Kiliko barked and darted after the she-wolves, more afraid than angry. "Utilli!" He called, his breaths making small clouds as they billowed from his mouth. "Utilli!"

Citali fought the urge to drag Kiluar off of Lynx. She knew if she tried, she'd only get in the way.

ooc: lol short Citali post.

....these colors make me think of autumn @.@

Last edited by Citali on Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : THE COLORS MESSED WITH ME EYES)
Back to top Go down
https://howlingtothemoon.rpg-board.net
Wolvine

Wolvine

Virgo Dog

PostSubject: Re: The Retreving Misson   The Retreving Misson - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 5:31 pm

OOC: Golden? :3
Back to top Go down
Rain

Rain

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: The Retreving Misson   The Retreving Misson - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 1:41 pm

Vixen stifled a growl, a silent groan. Why, why did she have these wolves if neither was to listen to her? She simply nodded to both of them, smiling. "Okay friends, I'll see you later." she knew they would know she was faking, but the dog wouldn't. He'd said his name was Utilli. Perfect. She turned back to him, "Come on. Don't worry about your brother. I'm friends with him too, he'll be with us. We're gonna meet him." she smiled sincerely at him, hating every second of it.

Gaoth listened to Lynx. She wasn't stubborn, any advice given to her she listened to. Then she decided whether it was right or wrong. His was partly right, they did seem a little preoccupied. They weren't here to wreak havoc, not yet. They were sent here for a greater purpose. But they were still Kestrel's wolves. And if they were anything like him, she knew she could take them. Her and Lynx.

That's when one burst out from cover, the wolf she'd set eyes on, and attacked Lynx. Her companion put up a great fight with powerful paws, bared fangs, and admirable courage. In the one millisecond she had to process what had happened, she was proud of her follower. He wasn't too brave, but he was when he needed to be.

But then, it was her turn. And as soon as she had seen the first bite draw blood, she charged forward, her muscles tightening as they moved, easily seen through her short but thick pelt. Snarling, she aimed herself at the preoccupied wolf, ready to show him what she could do.
Back to top Go down
Wolvine

Wolvine

Virgo Dog

PostSubject: Re: The Retreving Misson   The Retreving Misson - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 8:41 pm

Falling back, Kiluar turned, slowed by the sudden attack. His eyes widened slightly. Gaoth. He had no hope of winning a fight against her. But he had to make sure the mission was successful. He'd have to delay them somehow. Fear shot through him for a millisecond as he remembered that Gaoth knew him from before. It would be harder still.

Lynx lay, bleeding from the shoulder, panting. He would thank his leader, but knew he had to save his breath.

Uttilli frowned, but followed none-the-less.
Back to top Go down
Citali
Admin
Citali

Pisces Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Retreving Misson   The Retreving Misson - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 8:34 pm

Citali yelped, shouldering away the already-backing off wolf and leaning over her traveling companion, sniffing madly. "Lynx! Where are you hurt?!"

Kiliko caught up to the she-wolf and his brother. "Utilli! Come here! Get away from her!" he called frantically, keeping a safe distance. He realized the other she-wolf wasn't with this one.

Soluia growled, reluctantly keeping to the shadows as Kiluar was warded off. As her packmate moved to fight Gaoth, she was tempted to engage the black and brown she-wolf, but thought better of it. SHe slithered through the grass, coming up behind Kiluar. She waited there until he was able to catch her gaze. She barked softly, warning him that he needed to hurry up.
Vixen and Utilli had reached the forest.
Back to top Go down
https://howlingtothemoon.rpg-board.net
Wolvine

Wolvine

Virgo Dog

PostSubject: Re: The Retreving Misson   The Retreving Misson - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 8:39 pm

Kiluar just frowned. What was she thinking? She was putting herself in danger as well as the mission. All he knew was that he had to try and stop them, even if it meant engaging in battle. He flicked his tail, trying to make her go away before she was attacked. Two dead members would be no use to Kestrel.
Back to top Go down
Rain

Rain

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: The Retreving Misson   The Retreving Misson - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 10:27 pm

Grinning viciously, Gaoth finally shoved her weight toward the wolf, aiming to collide full force with him. It was more than likely she'd miss, but she wasn't caring. She wanted his attention, even though she could see the fear in his eyes, only to turn into determination. "Come on, bring it." she growled under her breath, taking in a final gulp, tensing her muscles to increase her weight.

Vixen felt trapped. What to do? Take the dog and charge off, and risk being chased back to the pack or..... She could act like she was innocent, one of them. She could trick Utilli into coming with her, once she had his trust. Yes, that would work. Hopefully.

Hearing the other dog's growl at her, she shrank down, into submission.
"Please don't hurt me. I just wanted to play." she wasn't too big, she could act like a pup.
Back to top Go down
Wolvine

Wolvine

Virgo Dog

PostSubject: Re: The Retreving Misson   The Retreving Misson - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 3:41 pm

Still distracted, Kiluar was thrown over, losing his balance. He tasted blood. A trickle of the red liquid had made its way down to his chin from his mouth by the time he'd managed to stand again. Snarling, and thus spitting blood on the floor, he lunged forward, as if to hit her face, then crouching and aiming for the front. It wasn't all too well aimed, but Gaoth seemed to angry to be paying much attention to her defence.
Back to top Go down
Rain

Rain

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: The Retreving Misson   The Retreving Misson - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 4:02 pm

Gaoth stared down at Kiluar, waiting for him to get up. "Come on, you mangy mutt." she snarled at him, enraged in her own fury. As he went to hit her face, she backed her face up. When the wolf charged at her, she let him hit her, sending her back another foot or two, but not off balance. She shoved forward a bit, and snapped her jaws at his face. Her aim was slightly off, but she expected to hit something. At the guess, she'd probably hit his ear. Good, the amount of blood would scare him off. If she didn't kill him first.

ooc: is it bad I posted before Citali? <:{

Last edited by Rain on Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wolvine

Wolvine

Virgo Dog

PostSubject: Re: The Retreving Misson   The Retreving Misson - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 4:12 pm

Blood poured from both his mouth and his ear now, but Kiluar wasn't fazed. He'd seen enough blood to fill all of Mizu's waters coming from both friends and foes in his time with Kestrel. There was nothing more that wolf preferred to be than red. He retreaded slightly, growling. Pain and instinct was screaming at him to stop, but he didn't listen. That was one of his fatal flaws as a wolf. He ignored the first rule of fight or flee.

Slowed by blood loss, but still with some speed, he ran at her, jaws slightly parted. It was so easy to evade this move, but it was very time-consuming. To charge and charge again, it would tire him fairly quickly, but the blood might throw Gaoth off any scent of him comrades.
Back to top Go down
Rain

Rain

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: The Retreving Misson   The Retreving Misson - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 4:18 pm

Gaoth growled at the wolf, simply sidestepping his charge, and whipped back around to pull a paw toward his hind leg as ran past her. She aimed to trip him, or at least make him stumble, to get an advantage. A downed dog was a dead dog. If only Master could see how much he has forced me to learn. The memory of the fights she was forced to win still made a fresh wound in her heart, as well as her mind, but it gave her strength. The strength she needed to take down Kestrel and his wolves. Especially the one before her.
Back to top Go down
Wolvine

Wolvine

Virgo Dog

PostSubject: Re: The Retreving Misson   The Retreving Misson - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 4:46 pm

Reflex made him jump to turn around as soon as she side-stepped, meaning he landed on her extended paw, meaning both of them were temporarily disadvantaged. Thinking quickly, Kiluar realized she would recover much before him and fell to the ground, acting convincingly that he was wounded. It wasn't hard. Blood spouted from him like a fountain, staining his white chest red.
Back to top Go down
Rain

Rain

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: The Retreving Misson   The Retreving Misson - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 5:11 pm

Weight pushed onto her paw pad, making her wince. She retracted her leg, to see her pad cut open, bleeding a moderate amount of blood. She growled again, looking up to see her opponent, to meet his gaze on the ground. Baring her teeth, she jumped forward and aimed a bite at his throat. She really hoped she hit him. At least make some sort of injury, aside from the others she and Lynx had made before.
Back to top Go down
Wolvine

Wolvine

Virgo Dog

PostSubject: Re: The Retreving Misson   The Retreving Misson - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 5:16 pm

Raising his head the last second, he managed to escape the deadly bite to the throat, managing a small return bite on her snout as his nose flooded with the stench of blood.
Back to top Go down
Rain

Rain

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: The Retreving Misson   The Retreving Misson - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 3:41 pm

Nose scraped open, Gaoth ignored the adrenaline-numbed pain and shoved her face forward, trying to tear her fangs into the side of his face, power surging through her jaws. "Give in, or I'll kill you." she said, just before her jaws snapped shut.
Back to top Go down
Wolvine

Wolvine

Virgo Dog

PostSubject: Re: The Retreving Misson   The Retreving Misson - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 7:45 pm

"You may think I am worthless scum Gaoth, but I fight for Kestrel not because he had bargained with me, but because he saved my life. I owe him it, and I will gladly die if it means my master is not upset." Blood gushed out his neck, and with it he could feel him life draining away. At least Vixen had got away... Right? He would die a noble wolf, even if it was for all the wrong causes.

OOC: You can't kill him D:
Back to top Go down
Rain

Rain

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: The Retreving Misson   The Retreving Misson - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 5:43 pm

ooc: well she won't save him. He be Kestrel's buddeh.

"Master? So now he is your master? " she growled, disgusted. Gaoth stood up, her neck fur bristling with rage. "Leave now. Tell your master Gaoth seeks his pelt as nest lining. Tell him I will be waiting." She could feel her nose wrinkled up, her fangs glistening under the moonlight. Even when her ears permanently stayed up, they were flattened against her head. She dared for the wolf to try and attack her now, as blood flooded from the wound on his neck. The one she inflicted, the one she hoped killed him.
Back to top Go down
Wolvine

Wolvine

Virgo Dog

PostSubject: Re: The Retreving Misson   The Retreving Misson - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 7:24 pm

Kiluar said nothing, unable to move. His master. That was what he called him. Why? Was it because he had saved his life, and so it belonged to him? Or was it because he knew he was too submissive to survive alone? He hated seeing what Kestrel did, but he had got in too deep. To try and get away now would cost him his life. He was too much of a coward to run. He voiced his thoughts. Things could not get any worse.

"To try and escape would be impossible. It would be just like throwing yourself towards Kite's claws."

OOC: He's such a wuss :3
Back to top Go down
Rain

Rain

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: The Retreving Misson   The Retreving Misson - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 5:41 pm

Gaoth grinned, "Not even Kestrel scares me. If you really feel that trapped, Kiluar, always remember I am here. But, it's always your decision. Go on, scurry back to your master, be his little pet." she laughed, sitting on her haunches, pride swelling in her chest.

Kiluar could be a powerful ally, even if he was on the inside. But, that all depended on him having the nerve to be able to handle it. She could expect far more from Tiny than from Kiluar. Then again, he had the courage to take her on, even when he knew he could die. He had bravery, and he knew how to use it.
Back to top Go down
Wolvine

Wolvine

Virgo Dog

PostSubject: Re: The Retreving Misson   The Retreving Misson - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 10:36 am

"You are more like him than you would like to know Gaoth. Just be glad that so far he had caused moderately little damage." Unable to move, Kiluar simply closed his eyes and hoped for the best. Where was Soluia when he needed her?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Retreving Misson   The Retreving Misson - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Retreving Misson
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Howling to the Moon :: The Town :: The Farm-
Jump to: