Howling to the Moon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Howling to the Moon

Roleplay a dog or a wolf in a daily battle for territory and prey in the ruins of a city and the greenery of a forest.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

breezing along

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
LightningScar

LightningScar

breezing along Empty
PostSubject: breezing along   breezing along Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 2:11 pm

Breeze drifted along side the hills. Pointlessly. She had no where to go, nothing to do... So she drifted. Her white pelt ruffled comfortably in the wind. Quite noticeable now. But in winter...Winter was her time. Silent paws in the snow, the hot pursuit of prey in snow, crunching deliciously between her toes, cooling them off. A sharp pain in her fore paw dragged her back to the humidity of the summers day. And she had just been getting comfortable in her thoughts, she thought halfheartedly. She plopped down in the crest of two hills, half hidden behind a bush. Turning her paw over she glimpsed a cruel black thorn, visible in her tufts of pure white fur. Teeth clicking, she gnawed at the sharp thing, glancing, mildly annoyed, at the sad rosebush, whose occupants were long gone, lying limply, where thorns and thistles littered the ground around it. she went back to gnawing.
Back to top Go down
Wolvine

Wolvine

Virgo Dog

breezing along Empty
PostSubject: Re: breezing along   breezing along Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 2:14 am

The recent lack of rain was working to the young wolf's advantage. The grass and little amount of trees on the hills had turned red and yellow, brown in places. Perfect for concealing his flame coloured pelt. His contact was going to be meeting him on the Datori border, despite the fact that they were not a pack member. How they were going to achieve that was beyond him. Not that it , mattered much, he only needed to be there with the deal.

Mersonas walked on, keeping fairly low down to the ground. He had no desire to be caught on his way. Not that he was doing anything treacherous. He'd just rather avoid having to lie or explain himself. It ended in more uncomfortable situations normally. Even as this thought crossed his mind, the scent of a fellow wolf hit his nostrils. A loner. There was no doubt in his mind that this was not his contact. Should he chase her off, or keep going and attempt to avoid detection.

The latter option was preferable. Or, so he thought. His foot hit a branch that cracked with a cringingly audible snap. There went his plan.
Back to top Go down
LightningScar

LightningScar

breezing along Empty
PostSubject: Re: breezing along   breezing along Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 9:19 am

Breeze's head shot up high, like a deer in headlights. Her pupils widened with fear, she hated being around other canines, it made her feel stifled, and it reminded her of him. She shrunk back into the bush, thorn still painfully in her paw, and pressed against it, not feeling the other thistle and thorns that she had thought so bothersome. She didn't bother to scent the wolf, it was of no concern to her what meddlesome wolves or dogs alike were in the woods or hill, or alive for that matter. She shrank further into the bush, uncomfortably aware of her blindingly white pelt. She kept silent, never moving, never twitching. Her paw throbbed painfully, and she stifled a growl.
Back to top Go down
Wolvine

Wolvine

Virgo Dog

breezing along Empty
PostSubject: Re: breezing along   breezing along Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 9:12 am

Mersonas gave a snort. Who did she think she was kidding This was ridiculous, pitiful. He walked up to the bush. Though it meant he would be late for his meeting, this was too important to let go. "I saw you from a mile away," the red wolf growled. "You're lucky I'm late for something. I'd get out of here before one of my pack mates find you. They might not be as generous as I am."
Back to top Go down
LightningScar

LightningScar

breezing along Empty
PostSubject: Re: breezing along   breezing along Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 1:41 pm

Breeze glared at the red wolf. She didn't like being told what to do, however shy she was. She extracted herself out of the bush, turned around, and while doing so, whipped her tail across the red wolfs face. She knew it would cost her dearly, but she couldn't stand being told what to do, it was what she had run away from. Breeze walked haughtily, as haughtily as one can with a limp, and snapped her tail away. Head held up high, ears pricked up, and tail swishing, she limped in a random direction. She didn't care where she went at this point.
Back to top Go down
Wolvine

Wolvine

Virgo Dog

breezing along Empty
PostSubject: Re: breezing along   breezing along Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 9:20 am

Mersonas blinked slowly, ignoring the gentle irritation in his face. Damn she-wolves. He'd never understand them. He observed the way she limped and felt a unusual pang of pity. She was clearly either recently injured or crippled. Either situation merited at least some degree of sympathy, even if he didn't act on it. He turned around and gave a small smirk when she couldn't see. "The Kolari cap is that way. Going there is even more dangerous than staying here. But, if your idea of a good time is having your eyeballs and claws plucked out, be my guest, keep going."
Back to top Go down
LightningScar

LightningScar

breezing along Empty
PostSubject: Re: breezing along   breezing along Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 5:53 pm

Breeze gave a snort. Having that done might be better than the poor excuse for a life she was living. She plunked down on the ground a fair bit away from the red wolf, looked up long enough to give him a contemptuous glare, and began to pick at her paw again. Stupid thorn. Now she would have to deal with a pesky paw, and wolf. Teeth clicking, Breeze kept at the thorn, now embedded deep in her paw. Though it didn't hurt half as much as her pride. Sighing, she gave it up as a bad job, and began cleaning her messy, matted coat, with long strokes.
Back to top Go down
Wolvine

Wolvine

Virgo Dog

breezing along Empty
PostSubject: Re: breezing along   breezing along Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 8:52 am

Mersonas shrugged. It wasn't as if he hadn't warned her. "I'm heading to the border with the Daltori pack. If you turn west when you reach the edge, you should be out of pack territory. I suggest you follow my scent trail when you're ready. Now, if you don't mind, I have a meeting." With that, he started to head off.
Back to top Go down
LightningScar

LightningScar

breezing along Empty
PostSubject: Re: breezing along   breezing along Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 5:57 pm

Breeze felt an unusual emotion. Gratitude, was it? She shook her head, annoyed. She didn't feel these things for others. She pondered the red wolfs words. She could leave...but then again she didn't have to... she beat her tail upon the ground, frustrated. Thorn in her paw, questions in her mind, bitterness in her heart. A poor excuse for a life, she though again. Though she wouldn't like to see her brother, she felt as though she needed to. Still annoyed and frustrated, this time beating her paw on the ground, forgetful of the thorn. She winced. Before all the cumbersome, sentimental thoughts, her paw came first. She sighed, resigned to follow the other wolfs scent trail. With a final lick on her fur, she got up unsteadily, shaking out the dust. Glaring at the path of the wolf ahead of her, she flicked her tail, and started limping a good ways behind him, head held high.
Back to top Go down
Wolvine

Wolvine

Virgo Dog

breezing along Empty
PostSubject: Re: breezing along   breezing along Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 10:53 am

The red wolf's ears perked as he heard movement behind him. Tensing, he spun round, relaxing ever so slightly when he saw it was the injured loner. What a stubborn girl she was. He shrugged again, walking leisurely towards the border. He was late already. No point in rushing.
Back to top Go down
LightningScar

LightningScar

breezing along Empty
PostSubject: Re: breezing along   breezing along Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 7:39 pm

Breeze rolled her eyes as the wolf spun around. He looked like a top, she thought, amused, for a second. She spoke for the first time. "I'm not that scary am I? Tense are we?" she asked dryly. Breeze wondered for a second where the wolf was going and what he was doing. NO. she told herself firmly. No more meddling. All the same, it was curious...
Back to top Go down
Wolvine

Wolvine

Virgo Dog

breezing along Empty
PostSubject: Re: breezing along   breezing along Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 5:38 am

"I'd be a fool to let down my guard when confronted with a stranger, no matter how injured or innocent they may look," he answered , without looking back. Mersonas's nose gave a twitched. "Thought you were mute as well as suicidal. Guess I was wrong."
Back to top Go down
LightningScar

LightningScar

breezing along Empty
PostSubject: Re: breezing along   breezing along Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 9:04 am

"I thought you were a pesky wolf from the start," she snapped, "and i am most likely not wrong." Breeze had a very big temper. "If its so dangerous, why are you here?" she asked waspishly.
Back to top Go down
Wolvine

Wolvine

Virgo Dog

breezing along Empty
PostSubject: Re: breezing along   breezing along Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 10:48 am

"You're the one who chose to talk to me. All I've done is given you advice on how not to get killed," Mersonas responded smirking slightly. He picked up the pace ever so slightly, flicking his ears. "My pack comes first, always. Even if what I do isn't the safest or most... honest choice, someone has to do it."
Back to top Go down
LightningScar

LightningScar

breezing along Empty
PostSubject: Re: breezing along   breezing along Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 8:59 pm

"The only reason I'm bothering to waste my breath, is because I have a slight problem with my foot," she said. Then she stopped abruptly. "No pack is honestly worth that," she said softly "They just disappoint. Expecting you to trust, never know, just trust." Her voice cracked. Why was she even talking to him. Her temper and attitude returned.
Back to top Go down
Wolvine

Wolvine

Virgo Dog

breezing along Empty
PostSubject: Re: breezing along   breezing along Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 11:01 am

Mersonas also found that his feet had decided it was time to stop. e turned to look at her, look at her in the eyes for the first time, giving an ironic smirk. "Funny that. I'm the guy that expects you to trust and not know. Some things are too awful for everyone to know. My pack might not like me for it, but as I said, it has to be done."
Back to top Go down
LightningScar

LightningScar

breezing along Empty
PostSubject: Re: breezing along   breezing along Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 5:48 pm

"Oh don't i know it," she said sourly, in response to his smug comment. "And I know more than you think I do about doing things for your pack. More than you could ever know. But the time for me to do that has passed. It didn't get me where i wanted to go, and now I'm sorely disappointed for what I lost." she gave him a hard look. "Aren't you supposed to be somewhere?" she said loftily.
Back to top Go down
Wolvine

Wolvine

Virgo Dog

breezing along Empty
PostSubject: Re: breezing along   breezing along Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 4:40 am

Mersonas gave a smirk. "Yeah, I should. But you should get off our territory. As I said before, most wolves would have chased or even killed you by now. Lucky for you Scath didn't catch you."
Back to top Go down
LightningScar

LightningScar

breezing along Empty
PostSubject: Re: breezing along   breezing along Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 12:57 pm

"being killed might be better than the life in living right now," she retorted. "And its you I'm following anyway. But fine, I'm good from here." She brushed past him, and limped forward.
Back to top Go down
Wolvine

Wolvine

Virgo Dog

breezing along Empty
PostSubject: Re: breezing along   breezing along Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 7:46 am

Mersonas smirked lightly, continuing. He did not bother to respond. Why waste his time? All it would result in would be more useless and petty arguments.
Back to top Go down
LightningScar

LightningScar

breezing along Empty
PostSubject: Re: breezing along   breezing along Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 5:33 pm

Breeze kept a steady pace, gritting her teeth at her throbbing paw. Her pride often got in the way, as the red wolf had probably noticed by now. She gave a soft growl at the familiar smirk of the wolf. She couldn't resist: "Only got one face, have you?" Smirk all he want, it was very annoying. Which was the purpose, Breeze figured.
Back to top Go down
Wolvine

Wolvine

Virgo Dog

breezing along Empty
PostSubject: Re: breezing along   breezing along Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 10:31 am

"Far from it m'dear. Two-faced is a term many of my pack pates have used when referring to me." With a wink, Mersonas picked up the pace ever so slightly.

Last edited by Wolvine on Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LightningScar

LightningScar

breezing along Empty
PostSubject: Re: breezing along   breezing along Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 5:39 pm

Irritated, Breeze bit back another sharp retort. She scowled slightly, when the red wolf picked up his pace. He would soon be next to or ahead of her, and she was in no condition to pick up the pace. She flattened her ears and scuffed her paw for a split second, but then kept going. Your fine, she told herself. Your fine, and you need to keep going.
Back to top Go down
Wolvine

Wolvine

Virgo Dog

breezing along Empty
PostSubject: Re: breezing along   breezing along Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 5:12 am

OOC: Lol, with a wing? I must have been really tired.

Mersonas stopped once he was ahead a few feet, and looked over his shoulder, concern flashing across his face for a moment of weakness, before reforming itself into its usual smirk. "Not as invincible as you'd like huh?"
Back to top Go down
LightningScar

LightningScar

breezing along Empty
PostSubject: Re: breezing along   breezing along Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 12:21 pm

OOC: lol, yes, very tired

Noting the momentary lapse of usual personality, Breeze felt more and more nettled. "I will work on invincible until i am made to quit." she snapped "Which is more than some of us can do." She kept going, passing Mersonas once more.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

breezing along Empty
PostSubject: Re: breezing along   breezing along Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

breezing along
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Howling to the Moon :: The Forest :: The Hills-
Jump to: