Howling to the Moon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Howling to the Moon

Roleplay a dog or a wolf in a daily battle for territory and prey in the ruins of a city and the greenery of a forest.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Finding Wisdom

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rain

Rain

Sagittarius Pig

Finding Wisdom Empty
PostSubject: Finding Wisdom   Finding Wisdom Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 12:04 pm

Gaoth made her way back to the farm, her tongue parched and her sore paws weary and tired.
She trod back over to the place she usually kept guard and sat down, her snowy white form now a dusty color from all the sand. She let out a sigh as she began to think. Wolf lore... That would be something a wolf would know about. But where would a pack wolf be around here? I'd have to travel to one of the packs and risk my scruff for a couple of stories. She calmly shook the thought away, one problem at a time was best.
Back to top Go down
Citali
Admin
Citali

Pisces Buffalo

Finding Wisdom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding Wisdom   Finding Wisdom Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 1:05 pm

ooc: CITALI KNOWS STORIIIEEESSS. :'D
Back to top Go down
https://howlingtothemoon.rpg-board.net
Rain

Rain

Sagittarius Pig

Finding Wisdom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding Wisdom   Finding Wisdom Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 6:57 pm

ooc: EXACTLY WHY I MADE THE THREAD. lolz
Back to top Go down
Citali
Admin
Citali

Pisces Buffalo

Finding Wisdom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding Wisdom   Finding Wisdom Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 10:28 pm

ooc: oh XD do you want her to leik, magically appear or summin? :D

Citali padded silently around the barn, taking in the sounds and scents of the estate once again. It was a daily routine for her to just wander the place, observing with her ears. She had explored the farm enough now that she knew where everything was.
The blue-eyed wolf made her way to the rain barrel that rested below a gutter attached the to roof of the barn. As she approached, startled baas alerted her to the goats fleeing the immediate area and she made a mental note familiarize herself with the different prey animals on the property. She sniffed the rim of the barrel, brushing it lightly with her nose before lapping at the cool water. She kept her ears swiveling and alert to any movement while she drank.
Licking water droplets from her muzzle, Citali raised her head. "Hm?" a new scent drifted to her nose. It was slightly familiar but mostly smelled of sand. "A visitor from the desert?" she wondered, turning in the direction of the scent. She established the newcomer had definitely been here before, at the farm. They were also just laying around the closest corner, near the chicken coop, but still further out in the grass.
The black and brown wolf trotted around the other side of the barn, aiming not to be detected. As she stayed low at the side of the barn, she scented what she could from a distance and strained her ears to listen.

ooc: yesh, she can deduct all that from sound and scent :3 she's speshul.
DAMN WALLS OF TEXT DX
Oh fun fact:
Citali looks leik dis: Finding Wisdom LOBO+INDIO
But her feathers are like dis: Finding Wisdom Wolf_feather NOT ATTACHED TO HER EAR, NOOBS (not you, Gaoth :3 you'll never be a noob.)
Back to top Go down
Rain

Rain

Sagittarius Pig

Finding Wisdom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding Wisdom   Finding Wisdom Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 10:23 am

ooc: Ik, it's been such a long time since I been a Noob.

Gaoth was starting to get tired, her eyes beginning to droop. As soon as her eyes were closed all she could hear was the sounds of the barn, goats, chickens, cows, even some goose were about.
Then something out of place scented in her nose, she caught the scent and tried to narrow it down, dog? No, it was much more stronger than a simple dog's scent. Wolf.
She turned around, looking for the feral canine that was in the farm, she tensed her muscles in case it was an enemy.
Back to top Go down
Citali
Admin
Citali

Pisces Buffalo

Finding Wisdom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding Wisdom   Finding Wisdom Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 11:18 am

Citali tensed as she heard the dog turn, croun=ching back behind the wall of the barn. Now that she was closer, she identified the...dog, yes, a dog...as female. The almost all-black wolf could sense the exhaustion radiating from the visitor's pelt. She was concetrating on finding everything out about the dog as she could just by scent, she didn't hear or smell the goose slowly waddling up behind her, beak apart.
Apparently she posed a threat to their nest.
The goose hissed and lunged at Citali's tail, making her yelp in surprise. She whirled, not knowing it was just a goose, and snapped blidly at the rather large...bird??!?!
I know hawks, eagles, and other raptors, but I've not yet come across such a bold bird as this, The wolf thought, stifling numerous whines and yelps while trying again in vain to silence the damned bird attacking her backside.
Back to top Go down
Rain

Rain

Sagittarius Pig

Finding Wisdom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding Wisdom   Finding Wisdom Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 2:12 pm

Gaoth couldn't help but laugh as a white goose attacked the new comer, a familiar wolf. She knew she met this wild canine before, but she just couldn't remember when or how.
Never the less, a creature on her farm was not about to be attacked by a goose without her doing something about it. She stepped onto her paws and trotted quickly over to the goose, a light breeze picking up in her sandy fur.
She raised a paw at it and struck hard, hoping to get the bird to release it's catch.
Back to top Go down
Citali
Admin
Citali

Pisces Buffalo

Finding Wisdom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding Wisdom   Finding Wisdom Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 8:28 pm

The goose honk-shrieked and flapped clumsily away, hissing and dissappearing into the barn.
Citali growled after it, shaking out her fur. "Thank you," she said. She craned her neck around to make sure all the feathers strung into her fur were still there. "Damned bird," she muttered.
Back to top Go down
Rain

Rain

Sagittarius Pig

Finding Wisdom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding Wisdom   Finding Wisdom Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 8:37 pm

Gaoth chuckled for less than a moment and looked up at the wolf, "Any canine on my land deserves help, no matter what they're origins. You're no exception." she backed away a few steps and sat down, giving her pelt a brief shake before she sat back on her haunches. She let her blue gaze back on the she-wolf and introduced herself, "I am Gaoth," she dipped her head, "The loner that lives here."
Back to top Go down
Citali
Admin
Citali

Pisces Buffalo

Finding Wisdom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding Wisdom   Finding Wisdom Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 8:40 pm

"Ah, Gaoth, I've met you before." Citali replied, turning in the direction of the dog's voice. "Now I remember you. My name is Citali."
Back to top Go down
Rain

Rain

Sagittarius Pig

Finding Wisdom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding Wisdom   Finding Wisdom Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 9:33 pm

Gaoth nodded, "I suspected I knew you. I just couldn't place my paw on how. Sometimes my memory fails me." she barked, blinking calmly. It was nice to have a normal conversation again, not at all worrying about Kestrel or evil or death roaming the forest. She felt like a normal dog, not a worry in the world.
Back to top Go down
Citali
Admin
Citali

Pisces Buffalo

Finding Wisdom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding Wisdom   Finding Wisdom Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 10:49 pm

"I'm good with remembering scents, along with voices..." she replied carefully. "But not so much with faces..."
She chuckled. "So, Gaoth, if you don't mind me asking," Citali asked, taking a quick sniff. "What were you doing in the desert?"

ooc: museless.
Back to top Go down
Rain

Rain

Sagittarius Pig

Finding Wisdom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding Wisdom   Finding Wisdom Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 12:40 pm

ooc: we all have those moments.

Gaoth nodded, slightly interested in how she recognized all sorts of creatures. It must be difficult having to scent everything and memorize each dog by their smell. But perhaps all canines do it unintentionally. she pondered, her thoughts cut short when Citali asked her about the desert. Why would she care? "I had to visit a....friend." she narrowed her eyes, suspicious. Was this wolf another follower from Kestrel?
Back to top Go down
Citali
Admin
Citali

Pisces Buffalo

Finding Wisdom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding Wisdom   Finding Wisdom Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 1:20 pm

Citali caught the suspicious tone in the dog's voice. "Sorry if I'm intruding," she said quickly. "Just curious." the wolf sat down, shaking her fur again. she stretched her front legs, pausing. "Oi, it's been so long since I've been able to talk to someone so casually...Oh, you don't mind that I'm here, do you? The church in the town has almost no shelter anymore and there isn't any sizeable prey so I found this place...If it's your territory, I can leave if you'd prefer,"
Back to top Go down
Rain

Rain

Sagittarius Pig

Finding Wisdom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding Wisdom   Finding Wisdom Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 2:25 pm

Gaoth shook away her suspisions. She'd met this wolf before, and she was blind. She posed no threat. She smiled warmly, "No. You're fine. These days every dog's got to be a little more wary about her friends. I went to see a fox, he claims his name's Kuni." she barked politely. She enjoyed the conversation, but she couldn't help feeling nervous. What if Citali was a spy from Kestrel? The move wouldn't be below the white wolf, how could she be sure?
Back to top Go down
Citali
Admin
Citali

Pisces Buffalo

Finding Wisdom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding Wisdom   Finding Wisdom Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 9:40 pm

ooc: DAMMIT STOP DOUBTING HER XD what'll it take for Gaoth to believe Citali's innocent? X3

"The fox that lives in the dunes? I met him once before in my travels here...it was just a quick pass-by, but I've met him..." Citali tilted her head in thought. Suddenly remembering something, she perked up. "Real quickly, Gaoth, can you tell me what you look like? I know it sounds a little weird, but I like to visualize those that I can..." she smiled sheepishly.

ooc: just a li'l ritual of hers so she can try and imagine what her buddehs look liek X3
Back to top Go down
Rain

Rain

Sagittarius Pig

Finding Wisdom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding Wisdom   Finding Wisdom Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 10:04 pm

Gaoth's eyes widened with surprise, "Me? Well, I suppose so." she looked down at herself, "I'm a little taller than you, about the size of a full grown male wolf with broad shoulders and a heavy coat. I'm completely white, though I'm covered with sand now." she chuckled before going on. "I have a tail just as yours and," she rememered what she looked like when she looked in a puddle. "I have ears that stand straight up naturally, blue eyes, and a long muzzle." she said, ending her own profile. "Does that do it well enough?" she asked, hoping the answer would be yes. She wasn't too comfortable describing herself, she was used to everyone seeing her.

Last edited by Gaoth on Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Citali
Admin
Citali

Pisces Buffalo

Finding Wisdom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding Wisdom   Finding Wisdom Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 9:01 am

"Hm...yes, that's fine. Thank you." Citali nodded. "Anyway. You must be exhausted, then, having just returned. I've never been caught in the middle of one, but I've heard the gusts can kick up sand like sandstorms." the wolf licked a paw, laying down on her side.

ooc: how should she or Gaoth bring up the stories thing?
Back to top Go down
Rain

Rain

Sagittarius Pig

Finding Wisdom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding Wisdom   Finding Wisdom Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 12:25 pm

ooc: idk, I'll think of somethin.

Gaoth nodded, "Yes. It proved an obstacle. And it only made my situation worse knowing that I had another task ahead of me. Kuni, the fox, sent me away telling me I had to learn wolf-lore. Now I'll have to venture into one of the packs and learn it from them." she blinked, stifling a sigh.
She felt her pelt bristle and the anxiety of what was to come crawled through her fur. "If I survive long enough to speak with them." she muttered, practically under her breath. The packs were hostile. They always were, and it wouldn't help knowing that she was a dog. She knew most wolves thought very little of dogs and that some even hated them. She'd heard of wolves killing dogs for food, or just out of pure hate. She shook her head silently, trying to shake the thoughts away, but it did no good.
Back to top Go down
Citali
Admin
Citali

Pisces Buffalo

Finding Wisdom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding Wisdom   Finding Wisdom Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 9:13 am

"Wolf lore, you say?" Citali could sense the anxiety rippling from Gaoth's pelt and flicked her ear. "......I happen to know a few legends."

ooc: MUSELESS.
Back to top Go down
Rain

Rain

Sagittarius Pig

Finding Wisdom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding Wisdom   Finding Wisdom Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 12:01 pm

Gaoth's ears pricked up. What? This wolf had what she needed? Well of course she does, she's a wolf. she let a smile slip onto her face, knowing Citali couldn't see it. She blinked, "I suppose I should have known you did. Forgive me, do you mind telling me some? It's actually quite vital that I know of them." she barked, trying her best to sound polite.
Back to top Go down
Citali
Admin
Citali

Pisces Buffalo

Finding Wisdom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding Wisdom   Finding Wisdom Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 1:09 pm

"Of course." she replied. "There are quite a lot...do you know any in particular you want me to tell you?" (like the basis, she means) Citali sat up, curling her tail around her paws. It had been a while since the gods let her share their stories...

ooc: I just came up with an idea--instead of TELLING the stories, Citali like hypnotizes the dog/wolf or something to sleep and then they dream the stories, as if they're a part of it. (Citali's there too, explaining what's happening)
Or she could just tell the stories. X3
Whaddya think?
Back to top Go down
Rain

Rain

Sagittarius Pig

Finding Wisdom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding Wisdom   Finding Wisdom Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 12:03 am

ooc: choice b sounds awesome.

Gaoth actually laughed. How was she going to choose a story if she had not a clue about any of them? Her white pelt shook off a little sand as she resettled herself on the lush, green grass. "I suppose anything that has to do with power." she decided. If Kestrel was going to use the Wolf Lore against the dogs, than he'd use something that had power. What villain wouldn't want more power under his paws?
Back to top Go down
Citali
Admin
Citali

Pisces Buffalo

Finding Wisdom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding Wisdom   Finding Wisdom Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 7:30 am

ooc: Is choice B the normal storytelling or the dream-thing?
Back to top Go down
Wolvine

Wolvine

Virgo Dog

Finding Wisdom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding Wisdom   Finding Wisdom Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 3:41 pm

OOC: *COUGHDeathguyCOUGH*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Finding Wisdom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding Wisdom   Finding Wisdom Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Finding Wisdom
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next