Howling to the Moon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Howling to the Moon

Roleplay a dog or a wolf in a daily battle for territory and prey in the ruins of a city and the greenery of a forest.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Making Paper Wings

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Wolvine

Wolvine

Virgo Dog

Making Paper Wings Empty
PostSubject: Making Paper Wings   Making Paper Wings Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 7:48 am

Take me back to when times were simple, times when I was happy. Take me back to when I felt something other than desire, a cold longing. Kestrel let his eyes close, and he was reminded of his puphood, of Kadal, of the Shen, of Renn. No, bad memories. Renn... Even now he resented her. How could she...? Kestrel shook his head angrily. No. Time to prepare for the ritual.

He placed the bones carefully around the area, hidden from his comrades that would surely not understand that there needed to be a scent of blood before he began. Of course, if something did happen to these bones, he'd have to sacrifice one of his own pack members. A sacrifice he was willing to make. If he could call him, even better. Soon it would be time.

Time for his plan to take flight. Time for it to fly on fragile wings.
Back to top Go down
Rain

Rain

Sagittarius Pig

Making Paper Wings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Making Paper Wings   Making Paper Wings Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 11:30 am

ooc: Not sure what to do about this post. Hmm...
Back to top Go down
Wolvine

Wolvine

Virgo Dog

Making Paper Wings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Making Paper Wings   Making Paper Wings Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 6:54 am

OOC: Just post :D
Back to top Go down
Rain

Rain

Sagittarius Pig

Making Paper Wings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Making Paper Wings   Making Paper Wings Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 7:24 pm

ooc: Only if Mizzy posts first. :P
Back to top Go down
Citali
Admin
Citali

Pisces Buffalo

Making Paper Wings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Making Paper Wings   Making Paper Wings Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 8:20 pm

ooc: I want to put something with Blue here, but I feel like I'd be ruining it. If I did, I promise it wouldn't be the old puppy-like Blue. X3
Back to top Go down
https://howlingtothemoon.rpg-board.net
Wolvine

Wolvine

Virgo Dog

Making Paper Wings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Making Paper Wings   Making Paper Wings Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 5:45 am

OOC: PUT BLUE IN :D And make him puppy-like if you want. But BTW, he'd not supposed to be like Kestrel. Maybe a bit of cold-heartedness has rubbed off on him, but he can't be too evil. ;D
Back to top Go down
Citali
Admin
Citali

Pisces Buffalo

Making Paper Wings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Making Paper Wings   Making Paper Wings Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 11:30 am

ooc: I wasn't thinking that evil, just a little less obnoxious. XD

Blue wandered around a small area, trying to see if he could name every scent and determine when it appeared. His once-white fur looked yellow like a polar bear's in the dim light of the clouded sun. He was on the stale trail of an old raccoon when the metallic tang of dried blood hit his nose. He jumped, shaking his head with vigor.
"Yeuch!" he never did like the smell of stale prey. But what had the others brought in? Blue hadn't seen anyone go hunting in a few days. He dreaded the thought that it may be Misery.
"Miz, is that you?" he called, following the scent to a small clearing. He poked his head from the ferns to find Kestrel. There were bones scattered everywhere--almost in a pattern.
"Kestrel?" he blinked. "Oh, uh, hello, Alpha."
Back to top Go down
Wolvine

Wolvine

Virgo Dog

Making Paper Wings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Making Paper Wings   Making Paper Wings Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 10:54 pm

"Blue?" Kestrel turned, eyes narrowed slightly, but he recovered quickly, giving a small smile. "Blue. Just the canine I wanted to see. Listen, I have an important mission for you. It might well even result in you becoming a Gamma."
Back to top Go down
Citali
Admin
Citali

Pisces Buffalo

Making Paper Wings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Making Paper Wings   Making Paper Wings Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 11:00 pm

Blue straightened up at his words, failing to suppress a grin. "Yes, I'll do it! Anything you need! What is it? I'll get to it right away." his curled tail wagged ever so slightly.
Back to top Go down
Wolvine

Wolvine

Virgo Dog

Making Paper Wings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Making Paper Wings   Making Paper Wings Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 1:04 am

Kestrel smiled. How easy it was to trick this trusting pup! But he did feel a tiny twinge of guilt. He wasn't lying about making Blue a Gamma, but this mission was just to get him out the way. Any dog could have done it. "I've heard rumours about a fox in the Dunes. Now you know as well as I that the Land Beyond the Forest belongs to us. I'm going to ask you to go and find this fox and drive him out. It shouldn't be too hard; foxes are cowards, even if they are crafty."
Back to top Go down
Rain

Rain

Sagittarius Pig

Making Paper Wings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Making Paper Wings   Making Paper Wings Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 6:46 pm

"A quick snap at his tail should be more than enough to chase him out." The she-wolf stepped up onto the hill, the burning sun showing no mercy on her pelt, making her feel as if she might melt. She was bored and tense. Kestrel was supposed to have mighty plans, but he hadn't made a single paw step. She was beginning to loose her patience. When was he going to do something? "Foxes aren't much for fighting, but don't listen to anything they say."

She sat down, looking at the tall white dog. He'd grown. Not as tall as a wolf, but he had definitely grown. His pup-like ways were keeping him from going anywhere though. Of course, it was easier to get him to do things when he was like this. Maybe it was best he was like this, easily motivated, easily bribed.
Back to top Go down
Wolvine

Wolvine

Virgo Dog

Making Paper Wings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Making Paper Wings   Making Paper Wings Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 10:03 am

Kestrel turned to face Vixen, his face twitching into a snarl in a heartbeat. "And you? What are you still doing here? Go get the dog. We have to-" He broke off, giving Blue a side-ways glance. "We have to give him a proper induction."
Back to top Go down
Rain

Rain

Sagittarius Pig

Making Paper Wings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Making Paper Wings   Making Paper Wings Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 11:05 am

"He's waiting at the bottom of the hill, with the others." Vixen narrowed her eyes, tired of being told what to do. Kestrel was beginning to come off as a blind fool consumed by vengeance. "Better put on your happy face. We wouldn't want to scare our guest, now would we?" Taunting him always gave her some pleasure. Teasing him on his attitude or any of his ridiculous plans. It was fun.
Back to top Go down
Wolvine

Wolvine

Virgo Dog

Making Paper Wings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Making Paper Wings   Making Paper Wings Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 4:17 am

"Vixen... If you were smart you'd shut up. There are more than a hundred mutts down there who wouldn't hesitate to shred your pelt off, even if I didn't give them an invitation. I am not the only one who is tired of your attitude." Kestrel's eyes narrowed again. How terrified she'd be if she knew his plans! But she didn't. Maybe she'd hold more respect for him in a bit. "Very well then Blue. Off you go. And you, flea-face, bring the pack."
Back to top Go down
Rain

Rain

Sagittarius Pig

Making Paper Wings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Making Paper Wings   Making Paper Wings Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 11:16 am

Vixen merely flicked her ear tip. She was one of the only wolves who wasn't here because of some scrap of meat or a pathetic piece of land to call her own. As one of the only wolves really loyal because she absolutely loved her job, Kestrel ought to respect that. "They're only the fleas you've passed around," she replied bluntly. Turning slightly, she let out a short howl, giving the signal to the rest of the pack to bring up the mutt prisoner.
Back to top Go down
Citali
Admin
Citali

Pisces Buffalo

Making Paper Wings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Making Paper Wings   Making Paper Wings Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 7:43 pm

Blue trotted away, lifting his nose to the air in search of the familiar scent of warm sand. He hoped his thick fur wouldn't kill him in the desert.
Back to top Go down
Wolvine

Wolvine

Virgo Dog

Making Paper Wings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Making Paper Wings   Making Paper Wings Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 1:34 am

Kestrel smiled to himself. "Very well then Vixen. Time to show you why I am the Alpha of this pack, and not some delusional she-wolf who's only joy in life is other's death." He turned to face Uttilli who was wearing a frightened expression. His brother had always taken him away from crowds, which he knew he feared. Where was his brother now?
Back to top Go down
Rain

Rain

Sagittarius Pig

Making Paper Wings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Making Paper Wings   Making Paper Wings Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 2:23 pm

The she-wolf simply rolled her eyes. She'd let it slide, let him gloat in his own so-called "power". Besides, it wasn't like he was any different than her. She was after power, after a pack to call her own and control until her death, which would hopefully happen in a bloody fight 'til the end. He, well, he seemed to like killing, too. Still, Vixen kept her muzzle shut, just to see what the white mutt decided to do with the pup before him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Making Paper Wings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Making Paper Wings   Making Paper Wings Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Making Paper Wings
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Howling to the Moon :: The Valley and Beyond :: The Valley-
Jump to: