Howling to the Moon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Howling to the Moon

Roleplay a dog or a wolf in a daily battle for territory and prey in the ruins of a city and the greenery of a forest.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lookin Out

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Rain

Rain

Sagittarius Pig

Lookin Out Empty
PostSubject: Lookin Out   Lookin Out Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 8:21 pm

Gaoth scanned the horizon, her nose on overdrive. She might be exhausted, but her mind was overflowing with worry of her newest recruit. He looked as if he were the strongest, the most capable, and.... the most loyal, to say the least. She didn't mind having him around as long he wasn't falling head over heels for her and getting in her way. She needed warriors, not lovers.

Her blue eyes narrowed, desperate to see the pelt of Fern, to catch his scent in her nose. She had to find him before he got himself killed somehow. He probably didn't know much of the territories yet, he'd left so suddenly.
Back to top Go down
Fern

Fern

Taurus Tiger

Lookin Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lookin Out   Lookin Out Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 8:24 pm

Blood still clinging onto his pelt he went to the entrance of the farm still exhausted from the fight.
He entered the farm too tired to notice anyone he collapsed on the floor and grunted after trying to pick himself up but failed.
Back to top Go down
Rain

Rain

Sagittarius Pig

Lookin Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lookin Out   Lookin Out Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 8:28 pm

Gaoth was upon in flash. At first, to maul him apart with the furious anger of a true Alpha. But as she neared him, she saw all the blood upon his pelt, turning him from gray to scarlet, she was already about to sound an alarm, call Citali out, and have her fix him up.

She went about to his face, to see if he had passed out. "Fern." She said, sternly, but quiet. Her whole body was tensed, nervous. He was breathing, and his bleeding wasn't too bad, as long as she stopped the bleeding very soon. Otherwise, he might not wake up.
Back to top Go down
Fern

Fern

Taurus Tiger

Lookin Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lookin Out   Lookin Out Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 8:32 pm

Fern heard the dog that had broken his heart in two. He simply turned his head away from his face and grunted."Leave me alone." He tried to put his paws desperately in front of him but they just wobbled and collapsed under him again
Back to top Go down
Rain

Rain

Sagittarius Pig

Lookin Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lookin Out   Lookin Out Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 8:36 pm

Gaoth growled, "You want me to hurt you, I will. And not the mental type, either." She snarled at him, her eyes narrowing. "I won't fight you for pretend. But I need you to live, now more than ever." She was honest, but angry. She was furious, actually. Was he really about to throw his life away because she'd said no? She never realized her words held that much power, and she neared grinned at the thought. Perhaps she was fit to be an alpha.
Back to top Go down
Fern

Fern

Taurus Tiger

Lookin Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lookin Out   Lookin Out Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 8:42 pm

When Fern heard Gaoth words they stung alot. When he was about to retaliate he started to cough up blood. His chest hurted so much like it was on fire in the inside. Blood now pouring out of his mouth he passed out.
Back to top Go down
Rain

Rain

Sagittarius Pig

Lookin Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lookin Out   Lookin Out Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 8:54 pm

Gaoth sighed, half with relief, half with aggravation. Was it really necessary to be such a pain in the tail? To be as stubborn as the bull on the farm? She got some dock leaves and cobwebs, quickly and quietly sneaking into Citali's den. The she-wolf wouldn't mind, hopefully. Citali was her greatest friend, and strongest ally. She was useful, but fun.

Dabbing the chewed leaf mixture, the white dog spread it onto Fern's wounds, licking them clean to see where they were exactly, before putting it on. Afterward, she stuck cobweb to them, pushing her paws to them to stop the bleeding. And now, she was sitting there, debating what to do with him.

She could drag him back to his nest, but that would probably open his wounds again. She could leave him there, but that wouldn't build much loyalty. Unfortunately. Sighing, she laid beside him, to keep him warm until he woke. The idea to Gaoth was repulsive, especially after what happened, but it was necessary. A cold could easily be caught now. Spring hadn't warmed up as quickly as it should have, and a chill still hung in the afternoon sun.

The rebel leader just hoped Fern didn't get any wrong ideas.
Back to top Go down
Fern

Fern

Taurus Tiger

Lookin Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lookin Out   Lookin Out Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 9:16 pm

ooc:1 hour later!!!

Fern had awoken to Gaoth sleeping by his side. He knew that she didn't like him but probably didn't want to He sniffed the air and smelled herbs on his pelt. He felt a little bit better. He stood up and started to very slowly walking hoping not to disturb Gaoth and listen to her pestering.
Back to top Go down
Rain

Rain

Sagittarius Pig

Lookin Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lookin Out   Lookin Out Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 9:21 pm

She felt him stir, the breathing pattern changed. It was faster, less steady. His ears pricked, and she felt him tense before he realized what had happened. As he stood, so did Gaoth, with all her fury and anger. He began to walk away and she leaped over him, rounding with her legs splayed in an offensive stance, to face him. She snarled,her fangs bared. "Are you insane?"
Back to top Go down
Citali
Admin
Citali

Pisces Buffalo

Lookin Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lookin Out   Lookin Out Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 7:41 am

ooc: lol, 'maul him apart.' And yaaayyy, Citali's fun :D

The blind she-wolf peeked around the door of the barn at hearing her alpha's enraged voice. Citali had been out all night sniffing around for some source of running water. Stagnant gutter just didn't cut it, especially if she had any patients. And the stagnance would attract mosquitoes in the summer, anyway. Yick.
Either way, she'd found a stream a little ways into the forest. She'd been out for so long because her navigational skills in the forest was zero, so she'd saved the woods for last.
"Are you insane?!"
Citali stayed by the door, sniffing. Gaoth, and...a newcomer? Must've arrived while Citali was out. She smelled blood too, but the scent of herbs and cobwebs told her Gaoth must've taken care of whosever wounds they were.

ooc: She can smell special. >:I
Back to top Go down
https://howlingtothemoon.rpg-board.net
Fern

Fern

Taurus Tiger

Lookin Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lookin Out   Lookin Out Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 6:12 pm

ooc: a little bit of dovepaw and jayfeather?

Fern looked at the angry Alpha wolf. "I don't know what I am!" he answered in a growl. What he really wanted to say was no just heartbroken. but he wouldn't let her have the satisfaction. He noticed that she wasn't going to let him go any further without being hurt. He tried to calm himself down he thought that if he didn't he would just end up even more injured. "What do you want from me..."
Back to top Go down
Rain

Rain

Sagittarius Pig

Lookin Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lookin Out   Lookin Out Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 2:40 am

Gaoth let her fur lie flat, only a few tufts here and there spiked up, mostly on her neck. She took a deep breath in and let it go, closer her eyes to ease her racing mind. What did she want from him? What anyone would want for him. To not go suicidal, to think straight and not loose his whole head all in one go. She really wanted him to just chill out for a little while, possibly take a break for a few days.

But do Alphas really issue rest as a punishment? She pondered about that for maybe two milliseconds before opening her eyes. She took one more breath in, only blinking this time. When she finally spoke, she sounded cool, calm, and collected. But deep inside, her body was still pumped and her mind was still at war with her adrenaline intake. "You're a wolf, Fern. You know that. It's in your blood, deep within your mind. When you hunt, you hunt with your ancestors. When you bleed, it's blood of your old pack, wherever you come from. It's always there, something you can't loose. Even if you wanted to."

She took one step closer, her voice getting slightly lower. She could scent her comrade Citali close, so she knew the healer was listening. Perhaps she could help Fern better than Gaoth could, but she'd take a crack at it before the she-wolf did. "The only thing I want from you is to relax your mind and not get so shaken up from one word. You can't go running off like that, risking your life for no reason. Death almost found you tonight, and there wouldn't have been anything that could have been done had you not made it back here, Fern."

Thinking, the white dog wondered what he could do to clear his mind. Something relaxing, but hard work on his senses. He had to work, no matter what. He couldn't just sleep all day, every day. He had to stay fit. Then Gaoth had it. "Take sentry duty tonight, on the roof. If I find you sleeping, you really are going to wish I just killed you. Got it?" She didn't hold a threatening gaze, just a simply look of calm companionship, as if she were trying to make up for what she'd said. A friend she could do, a friend she'd be happy to have. Perhaps Fern could be just a friend.
Back to top Go down
Rain

Rain

Sagittarius Pig

Lookin Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lookin Out   Lookin Out Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 2:40 am

ooc: BOW BEFORE MY EPIC POST!!!!!! >:D
Back to top Go down
Citali
Admin
Citali

Pisces Buffalo

Lookin Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lookin Out   Lookin Out Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 7:13 am

ooc: *bows*
Back to top Go down
Fern

Fern

Taurus Tiger

Lookin Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lookin Out   Lookin Out Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 6:09 pm

ooc: That was pretty epic *bows*

Fern took in the calmed words of the alpha. He steadied his mind and thought to himself no matter how hard he tried he couldn't get over on how he feels about Gaoth. He took a deep sigh said "Yes, Gaoth." Then slowly padded to the roof. He didn't want to waste anymore herbs on him just because he was being stupid.

Once he got on top of the roof he started looking out into the forest. He didn't want to lay down though which would make him tired. So, he started pacing back and forth staring at the quiet trees only hearing the leaves whistling when the wind blew.

Last edited by Fern on Tue May 03, 2011 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rain

Rain

Sagittarius Pig

Lookin Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lookin Out   Lookin Out Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 6:39 pm

Gaoth sighed, feeling defeat and exhaustion finally kick in. At least Fern was finally listening. Depressed, but clear of mind. He wouldn't be jumping into some brawl anytime soon, like a mindless savage. That's the one thing she could easily say she respected and like about Fern, he was cool and collected. Violence wasn't his number one choice for anything, and she could tell. That's why she was so tolerant with him. She could've killed him today, but she didn't. She controlled her temper and calmed his.

Turning her muzzle to the area Citali's scent mingled with the fresh farm air, she waited for the wolf to come out from her hiding. The white dog could already feel a long conversation coming about. All she wanted now was some sleep in her den of deer skin and hay. But she would endure a little more, to make sure both her wolves were okay.
Back to top Go down
Citali
Admin
Citali

Pisces Buffalo

Lookin Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lookin Out   Lookin Out Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 6:56 pm

Having heard the new guy pad up to the roof, Citali went into the barn. "Sorry for eavesdropping; I meant no disrespect." she said, dipping her head slightly. It would've been stupid to think she'd not been detected. "I only meant for you to finish your dealings with the newcomer. What's his name?" she asked.
Back to top Go down
Rain

Rain

Sagittarius Pig

Lookin Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lookin Out   Lookin Out Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 7:05 pm

Gaoth only smiled, shaking her head. "You're fine, Citali. We were just getting over some... issues." She sat down, her paws eager for rest. It was as if her energy was draining through them, into the earth beneath her body. Perhaps that's where energy really went, to fuel their earth. How else would the spring trees find the strength to awaken from the dead? From the bitter ices of winter?

She shook her head, clearing her head. "His name is Fern. A wolf, like you, but I'm guessing not as secretive." The white dog cast a wicked grin at her, hoping she could pick out the lightness of her words. She only meant a harmless joke, no offense attached. Citali's history was hers and hers alone, if she didn't wish to share it, than fine. Gaoth wasn't about to pry.
Back to top Go down
Citali
Admin
Citali

Pisces Buffalo

Lookin Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lookin Out   Lookin Out Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 7:18 pm

Citali laughed, hearing the grin in her friend's words. "If you wish to hear my story, feel free to ask." she stretched, arching her back like cat. Her paws were tired from the day of walking and stumbling, and she was sure there was a pebble wedged in there somewhere. After a barely-stifled yawn, she spoke. "I found a stream today. The water was running--it appears the thaw's finally reached the waterways." the blind she-wolf paused. "May I ask what your 'issues' were?" she ventured, hoping she could say something to help. Her alpha seemed exhausted.
Back to top Go down
Rain

Rain

Sagittarius Pig

Lookin Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lookin Out   Lookin Out Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 7:30 pm

Gaoth only smiled, "No, friend. I believe that's a conversation for another day." She sighed, biting her own cheek to keep her eyes from clamping shut for about eight hours. Opening her eyes again, she noticed Citali stumbling on one of her paws as she stretched. Something stuck within the pad?

The wolf had found a stream. A fresh one? "Really? Good. It'll be good to get the dogs here some fresh nutrients, not the leaf-soaked puddles we have in the troughs." Maybe they might be able to dig a canal for it from here to there. Then she heard the last question. Sighing yet again, Gaoth looked up at Citali. "You wouldn't believe me even if I told you, dear friend." She smiled warmly, stifling another yawn growing within her windpipe.
Back to top Go down
Fern

Fern

Taurus Tiger

Lookin Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lookin Out   Lookin Out Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 7:21 pm

Fern still padding on the roof was thinking of how Gaoth could do such a boring job. He sighed for he knew that he deserved everything he had coming to him. All he has been is been a trouble for the whole pack. Fern stopped his pacing, since his pads hurt and sat down. He couldn't give in to the tempting feeling of tiredness. Keep yourself awake is all Fern could think of. But how could he? he argued with himself. His gaze staring into the silent forest.

Fern kept his eyes on the forest and thought of why he was in this pack in the first place. He knew that Kestrel plan's were intended for evil, but what exactly was it. The possible guesses of that thought made him shiver. But it also gave him some energy knowing that he would give his last breathe to stop the twisted wolf from completing his plans. All Kestrel wished for was power and destruction.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lookin Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lookin Out   Lookin Out Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lookin Out
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Howling to the Moon :: The Town :: The Farm-
Jump to: