Howling to the Moon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Howling to the Moon

Roleplay a dog or a wolf in a daily battle for territory and prey in the ruins of a city and the greenery of a forest.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Time... Skip? Rewind? *Shrug* Its different time. OPEN

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Wolvine

Wolvine

Virgo Dog

Time... Skip? Rewind? *Shrug* Its different time.  OPEN Empty
PostSubject: Time... Skip? Rewind? *Shrug* Its different time. OPEN   Time... Skip? Rewind? *Shrug* Its different time.  OPEN Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 11:46 am

The moonlight shimmered onto the wolf's pelt, turning parts of it silver. His green eyes watched the distant figures of canines moving. He had come alone, and he was starting to wonder if that had been such a wise move. They might be hostile towards wolves, and he couldn't say he blamed them. The packs where fierce, especially his. The Shen wolves had a reputation for attacking an intruder on sight. He wasn't sure how they would react to a high ranked wolf such as him. His pack where loyal, what would they give for his return? He shook his head. He was worrying too much, and it was far too late to go back now. The fear of Kestrel was eating his fellow pack mates, leaving them empty. He to was terrified, for his sibling grew more powerful every day. Kadal was in no position to be weak.

The Alpha of the Shen trotted purposefully towards the farm. Here lived Gaoth. If the Gods disproved of the alliance he was to make with the dog then let them show it now. He was but a few feet from the entrance now. He decided to let himself known. They might have a guard at this time of night. He might even seem like on of Kestrel's subordinates. He threw his head back and let out a howl, his pitch between high and low. For a wolf of his age, it was ordinary, but he was also an Alpha, and one would expect it to be deeper, more powerful. He started walking towards it, his tail wavering from a dominant stance to a submissive one, his green eyes glinting with anticipation and slight fear. He couldn't let that show now though. Dogs might not have as good a nose as wolves, but they could still smell fear. He stopped in the middle of a clearing and waited to meet the famous Gaoth, leader of the canines who fought his brother, who did something all of the packs where too afraid to do.
Back to top Go down
Rain

Rain

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: Time... Skip? Rewind? *Shrug* Its different time. OPEN   Time... Skip? Rewind? *Shrug* Its different time.  OPEN Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 2:23 pm

ooc: oooh! I couldn't wait for this to happen. Our plot is finally moving forward! :D

Gaoth sat tensed in front of her barn, sweet sent of hay tempted her to head back to bed, relax her tired head, her drooping eyes. Exhaustion was everywhere, crawling along every tuft of fur, every piece of skin, a threatening enemy, hiding in wait, watching for its best chance. It wouldn't be long now before that chance was shown. But even though she was practically dying, Gaoth refused to let there be no guard on the farm, ever since the sighting of wolves near the area. She realized now how vulnerable they really were to an attack. She needed to start training her recruits soon.

Weary, she blinked, holding her blue eyes shut for a moment, her ears pricked as she listened. Her senses heightened for one moment as her sight was closed down.

A howl pierced the night, and her eyes whipped back open, focused and alert.

She stood and processed the howl for a moment. It could be from Kestrel, taunting her. It wouldn't be unlike him to do something like that. It could be from some stranger. What ever the case, she could tell from the intensity it was from a wolf, a male wolf. It was deep and strong, so this wolf was fit. And it didn't seem to cry out, like those of dying wolves did. It was steady and confident. She tensed all her muscles.

Gaoth moved forward at a brisk trot to the source of the howl. There, she found a wolf. He had earthy brown fur, a silver tinge on each end, its effect amplified over his back. His green eyes held the same intensity his eyes did, strong and confident. Focussed. Just as she was.

She stepped forward, not at all scared. On edge, yes, but not frightened. She narrowed her eyes, wary of the new comer. "Where are you from, wolf? And if I were you, I wouldn't say Kestrel. Not if you value your life." she growled the last sentence, feeling her claws dig into the soil. What she wouldn't do to get her paws on Kestrel again. Now that was a fight.

One she planned to finish.

Back to top Go down
Wolvine

Wolvine

Virgo Dog

PostSubject: Re: Time... Skip? Rewind? *Shrug* Its different time. OPEN   Time... Skip? Rewind? *Shrug* Its different time.  OPEN Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 8:40 pm

"Kestrel!" Kadal spat at the ground. He guessed it wouldn't be wise to mention his relation to the white villain. "I have never been so insulted! I am Kadal, leader of the noble Shen." His green eyes flared with anger, all of his worry gone. He was a wolf, Alpha of one of the great packs. He feared no dog, no matter how powerful. He had no need to ask who she was. From the way this she-dog stood, so protective it was obvious she was Gaoth. Even though he respected her for her courage, there was no reason for her to be comfortable in his presence. Wolves of the great packs did not meddle with dogs with good reason. The did not like them.

The brown wolf stood high, his head raised. He didn't know how to say this without sounding weak. But it must be done. He hadn't come all this way just to leave again. He lowered his gaze a little. "My pack, they too suffer from Kestrel. I admire your courage to stand up to him, something the great packs have been too cowardly to do. It is a great flaw in us wolves. We let the dominant run us, and at the moment, he the Alpha of all canines. I have watched my pack grow weaker, and now, as our last Alpha recently passed away, I can no longer stand aside and do nothing." His brow furrowed as he wondered if he should say it. f he where to form an alliance with Gaoth's pack, he'd have to be honest. "I offer my pack to aid you defeat Kestrel, to defeat my brother. He has caused too much unbalance in the natural scale, even the fact he is my sibling shall not stop me from killing him the first chance I get." This might not be strictly true. He still thought it impossible that the young wolf who had so aspired to be Beta had turned into the monster that wrecked havoc. What had happened between the time he had become a loner and the time he became a tyrant?
Back to top Go down
Rain

Rain

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: Time... Skip? Rewind? *Shrug* Its different time. OPEN   Time... Skip? Rewind? *Shrug* Its different time.  OPEN Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 6:31 pm

Gaoth tensed her body even tighter, than grinned as the wolf admitted his disgust with her mortal enemy. It looked as if the world was beginning to lighten up. If this Alpha had come here, she could only guess the reason. And as he said what she'd been thinking, she smiled honestly, pride swelling. Yeah, she was courageous, but only a little. She just couldn't stand the ignorant type.

So, she did something she can't even remember if she'd ever done before. She bowed.

Happier than she had been in ages, she looked up at the Alpha. Well, if someone was offering help, why decline? "Anyone against Kestrel is welcome here; blood has nothing to do with it. Whatever wolf you have willing to help, bring them here tomorrow at sunrise. Prey will be provided to those who are hungry." she said a little more suggestive than she had hoped. But she was eager now, she could fish out a plan. A good one at that, with a little help from the Alpha and her comrade Tiny.

A tiny sliver of hope lit up her face for a moment, as she remembered to ask one more thing. "If you know any other packs dealing with the same troubles as yours, please, have them come as well. Strength lies in numbers."
Back to top Go down
Wolvine

Wolvine

Virgo Dog

PostSubject: Re: Time... Skip? Rewind? *Shrug* Its different time. OPEN   Time... Skip? Rewind? *Shrug* Its different time.  OPEN Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 8:16 pm

Kadal shook his head. He refused to take charity. "My pack are loyal. They will follow me without question. There are many of us. I cannot possibly bring all of them. I am the Alpha of the Shen, but I have no power over the other two packs. We might be invaded if we left our territory undefended. It is large and full of prey." The last sentence was added with a hint of sourness. He knew she meant only to be kind, but his pride got the better of him. He glanced at the moon. "Do not count me as a friend Gaoth. It do this for the good of my pack. Do not forget I am still a wolf, and you are a dog. Now, I must go soon. I trust my beta, but he is not ready to be a leader yet. The Shen await my report."
Back to top Go down
Rain

Rain

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: Time... Skip? Rewind? *Shrug* Its different time. OPEN   Time... Skip? Rewind? *Shrug* Its different time.  OPEN Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 10:03 pm

Gaoth simply nodded. She understood. With not many on her side, she was just overexcited to receive a whole pack willing to do her bidding. It was enough news to make her ecstatic and make her act like a fool, cause her to dwell on the event. "Very well Kadal. I'll go up myself to speak with the other Alphas. I'm hoping they'll feel the very same way you and I do." she blinked. But then frowned, feeling somewhat needy. She couldn't just accept all this and not give something in return. "I know its not much, but if there was anything you or your pack needed help with, my hounds and I are willing to help." she dipped her head, not as broadly as she had before, but enough to express at least some of her gratitude.

Now, she had to find someone to watch over the camp while she went off to find allegiance with the other packs.
Back to top Go down
Wolvine

Wolvine

Virgo Dog

PostSubject: Re: Time... Skip? Rewind? *Shrug* Its different time. OPEN   Time... Skip? Rewind? *Shrug* Its different time.  OPEN Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 10:18 am

"You are brave Gaoth, but it seems you are acting foolishly. The packs are very secretive. Most wolves attack an intruder upon sight. I am sure they have heard of you as I have, but they do not know what you look like. I would stand a better chance asking for help, and even I might be ripped to shreds. The packs also look for weaknesses in each other, and begging for help or being found out to have joined forces with a dog are counted as submissive behaviour." Kadal's green eyes looked down. It was yet another bad trait of the wolves.
Back to top Go down
Rain

Rain

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: Time... Skip? Rewind? *Shrug* Its different time. OPEN   Time... Skip? Rewind? *Shrug* Its different time.  OPEN Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 1:55 pm

Gaoth looked wistfully at Kadal, "So, Alpha, does that make you a coward? You asking me for help, my hounds for strength, what would the others call you? Weak among your peers? If the others found out, what would they think of you? Would they weed you out of your own home, banish you and leave you to the likes of your violent brother? The one who shows no mercy? The one you share blood with, the one you claim you would kill at first sight. But do you really mean it or does your mind lie somewhere your heart doesn't dare to go?" her voice was calm, yet her gaze were curious and slightly accusing. She had no idea how to feel about this wolf now. He looked strong and able, but looks can be deceiving.
Back to top Go down
Wolvine

Wolvine

Virgo Dog

PostSubject: Re: Time... Skip? Rewind? *Shrug* Its different time. OPEN   Time... Skip? Rewind? *Shrug* Its different time.  OPEN Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 5:15 pm

Kadal looked away. "Wolves look for weakness among each other, so they might prove that they are stronger than their competition. Just because they think it as weakness, it does not mean it is a flaw. If they where to find out, they would accuse us, but the Shen are perhaps the pack that cause the most fear. I shall tell them of my choice to help save the forest. Whether they jeer or join us, it will not change what I believe." The Alpha turned back to look at her. "My brother's heart has been broken more than once. He is not evil, just angry. Angry at the world. Anger can be more deadly than evil, especially if it is combined with a thirst for power and a love of death. It is true what you say. I would probably not kill Kestrel myself. None deserve to die at the fangs of family. I could not bring myself to break his heart as well as his bones. He has suffered that pain enough." Kadal's eyes clouded with sadness. It was strange to think that he had been his brother's follower once, begging like an Omega, and now he was an Alpha of a powerful pack, his brother leader of a band of villains. "Losing a loved one is a thousand times more painful than losing your life."
Back to top Go down
Rain

Rain

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: Time... Skip? Rewind? *Shrug* Its different time. OPEN   Time... Skip? Rewind? *Shrug* Its different time.  OPEN Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 5:41 pm

Gaoth didn't move a muscle, didn't even blink as he spoke. Silence filled the next few milliseconds before she spoke again. "Kadal, you nor Kestrel are not the only ones who have experienced loss of family. Not only wolves loose loved ones, dogs go through the very thing. As a matter of fact, I have lost every one I held dear to me. But that does not mean I go out and seek vengeance. Grudges are nothing but trouble." she said calmly. Not softly, but not sternly.
"I will stop your brother. I won't try my hardest, I will do it. Whether or not he decides to stop himself is up to himself. Just know I won't kill him unless I have to." she blinked at him, trying her best to sound sincere. Death to her wasn't fun, but it didn't seem like something guilt could build upon.
Shaking her head, she cleared her mind. "Go Kadal, the Shen will be needing an Alpha to lead them, as I will. We're counting on you. I'll send word when I have a plan."
Back to top Go down
Wolvine

Wolvine

Virgo Dog

PostSubject: Re: Time... Skip? Rewind? *Shrug* Its different time. OPEN   Time... Skip? Rewind? *Shrug* Its different time.  OPEN Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 9:12 pm

Kadal's eyes narrowed. A dog. Dogs do not hold family and friends as close as wolves. She would never understand. Her father had not been a tyrant. Her mother had not been powerful. She had never felt heartbreak. But there was no use pointing this out. He turned to leave. "You will never know what it is like to be a real loner Gaoth. Wolves value family more than anything. To be alone, it is enough to drive you insane. Kestrel is insane. But not in the way you would think." With that, he left, his mind wondering if he had done the right thing. He did not really like her.

OOC: How dare you change your name? D:
Back to top Go down
Rain

Rain

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: Time... Skip? Rewind? *Shrug* Its different time. OPEN   Time... Skip? Rewind? *Shrug* Its different time.  OPEN Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 11:07 pm

ooc: I'm a name changer. :P

Gaoth didn't reply, just watched him walk away, her mind swirling around with painful memories and horrible events. All the days she spent chained up, all the times she fought for nothing but entertainment. The days she watched her family killed. All the seasons she'd spent alone, wandering. "You have no idea, wolf." she whispered, watching his outline disapear.

She turned and walked back, finally pushing all the memories away. It was time to think of a plan.

ooc: new topic!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Time... Skip? Rewind? *Shrug* Its different time. OPEN   Time... Skip? Rewind? *Shrug* Its different time.  OPEN Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Time... Skip? Rewind? *Shrug* Its different time. OPEN
Page 1 of 1